- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 17. Supervision of Safety of Dams and Reservoirs
- Section 100. Other Government Agencies.
previous: Section 90
. Judicial Review.
next: Section 110
. Action Against State For Damages.
AS 46.17.100. Other Government Agencies.
- (a) The department may enter into cooperative agreements with municipalities and other state and federal agencies to carry
out this chapter.
- (b) If the action would conflict with the powers and duties vested in the department, a municipality may not
- (1) regulate, supervise, inspect, or provide for the regulation, supervision, or inspection of a dam or reservoir;
- (2) provide for the construction, maintenance, operation, removal, or abandonment of a dam or reservoir; or
- (3) limit the size of or the amount of water that may be stored in a dam or reservoir.
- (c) This chapter does not apply to a federally-owned or operated dam or reservoir or a dam or reservoir regulated by the
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- (d) This chapter does not affect the powers of the Department of Environmental Conservation or the Department of Fish and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.