- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 15. Water Use Act
- Section 255. Enforcement.
previous: Section 250
. Enforcement Authority.
next: Section 256
. Data Collection Authority.
AS 46.15.255. Enforcement.
- (a) In addition to a penalty imposed under AS 46.15.180
for violation of an order issued under this chapter, the commissioner may
- (1) remove or abate unpermitted works of appropriation, diversion, impoundment, or withdrawal;
- (2) install corrective controls or control works; and
- (3) seek enforcement of the order by filing an action in the superior court.
- (b) A person who violates an order issued under AS 46.15.180
is liable for all costs of removal, abatement, or installation and for court costs and attorney fees incurred by the
state in seeking enforcement of the order.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.