- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 15. Water Use Act
- Section 170. Effect of Recording.
previous: Section 169
. Federal Reserved Water Rights.
next: Section 175
. Termination of Permit For Violation.
AS 46.15.170. Effect of Recording.
- (a) A deed, lease, contract, assignment of permit, or other instrument transferring an appropriation is void as against a
subsequent innocent purchaser who in good faith paid a valuable consideration for the appropriation or any portion of
it and whose instrument is first filed and recorded under AS 46.15.160
- (b) A deed, lease, contract, assignment of permit, or other instrument transferring an appropriation that is recorded
under AS 46.15.160
(b) is constructive notice of its contents to subsequent purchasers of the appropriation or any portion of it. An
unrecorded instrument is valid between the parties to it and as against one who has actual notice of it.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.