- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 15. Water Use Act
- Section 150. Preferred Use.
previous: Section 147
. [Renumbered as AS 46.15.175
next: Section 155
. Authorization For Temporary Use of Water.
AS 46.15.150. Preferred Use.
- (a) An applicant who asserts and proves a preferred use shall be granted a permit and shall be granted preference over
other appropriators. A preferred use of water is for a public water supply.
- (b) To be entitled to a preference an applicant must show that the applicant's use will be prevented or substantially
interfered with by a prior appropriation; the use is a preferred use; the applicant agrees to compensate a permit or
certificate holder for the prior appropriation for any damages sustained by the preferred use; and other information
that the commissioner requires by regulation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.