- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 11. Conservation of Energy and Materials
- Section 70. Waste Reduction and Recycling Awards For Schools.
previous: Section 60
. Recycling of Materials By State Agencies.
next: Section 900
AS 46.11.070. Waste Reduction and Recycling Awards For Schools.
- (a) In consultation with the Department of Education and Early Development, the Department of Environmental Conservation
shall establish a waste reduction and recycling awards program under which the Department of Environmental Conservation
may annually, subject to available funding, award grants of up to $2,000 each to public schools in recognition of their
efforts and the efforts of their students to reduce and recycle waste generated in the administrative offices,
classrooms, laboratories, cafeterias, and maintenance operations of the schools.
- (b) The Department of Environmental Conservation shall, on request, provide technical assistance to schools concerning
their opportunities to reduce and recycle wastes.
- (c) The Department of Environmental Conservation shall adopt regulations to implement the awards program. For purposes of
evaluating school waste reduction and recycling programs, the department may group schools according to geographical
location, student population, distance to recycling markets, or other criteria considered appropriate by the
- (d) The Department of Environmental Conservation may accept and use restricted grants of money or other assistance from
private persons or groups to fund the awards made under (a) of this section.
- (e) The Department of Environmental Conservation may not use state money to fund awards made under (a) of this section
unless an appropriation is made specifically for the purposes of (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.