- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 9. Hazardous Substance Release Control
- Section 60. Municipalities.
previous: Section 50
. Compacts Authorized.
next: Section 70
AS 46.09.060. Municipalities.
- (a) If a provision of this chapter or of a regulation adopted by the commissioner under this chapter conflicts with the
charter, ordinance, or regulation of a municipality, the provisions of this chapter or of the regulation adopted by the
commissioner under this chapter prevails.
- (b) Authority to contain, clean up, or prevent a release or threatened release of oil or of a hazardous substance, and to
exercise other powers necessary to implement this chapter, AS 46.04, and AS 46.08, are granted to municipalities that do not otherwise have that
authority. Except as provided in (a) of this section, a municipality may exercise its police power within the area of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.