- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 8. Oil and Hazardous Substance Releases
- Section 130. Duties of the Office.
previous: Section 110
. , 46.08.120. Response Corps; Response Depots. [Repealed, Sec. 28 Ch 32 SLA 1994].
next: Section 140
. Emergency Powers.
AS 46.08.130. Duties of the Office.
- (a) The office shall be prepared to respond promptly to a discharge of oil or a hazardous substance.
- (b) The office may respond under (a) of this section to an oil or hazardous substance discharge only if
- (1) the oil discharge is a catastrophic oil discharge that constitutes an emergency under AS 46.04.080
- (2) the discharge of oil or a hazardous substance is declared to be an emergency under AS 46.03.865
- (3) the governor declares the discharge an emergency under AS 26.23;
- (4) the commissioner reasonably believes that there has been a discharge of oil or a hazardous substance, or that there is
a potential discharge of oil or a hazardous substance, and the discharge may qualify under (1) - (3) of this
- (5) the commissioner reasonably believes that the discharge or potential discharge poses an imminent and substantial
threat to public health or welfare or to the environment.
- (c) When the office or corps responds to an oil or hazardous substance discharge under this section, its activities shall
be guided by the relevant provisions of the incident command system applicable to the type of discharge to which it is
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.