- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 870. Actionable Rights.
previous: Section 865
. Authority of Department in Cases of Emergency.
next: Section 875
. Remedies Cumulative.
AS 46.03.870. Actionable Rights.
- (a) Except as specified in AS 46.03.822
- 46.03.828, the bases for proceedings or actions
resulting from violations of this chapter or a regulation adopted under this chapter inure solely to and are for the
benefit of the state, and are not intended to in any way create new or enlarge existing rights of persons or groups of
persons in the state.
- (b) Except as specified in AS 46.03.822
- 46.03.828, a determination or order of the
department does not create a presumption of law or finding of fact inuring to or for the benefit of persons other than
- (c) This chapter does not estop the state, persons, or political subdivisions of the state in the exercise of their rights
to suppress nuisances, to seek damages, or to otherwise abate or recover for the effects of pollution or other
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.