- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 780. Liability For Restoration.
previous: Section 770
. Detention of Vessel Without Warrant as Security For Damages.
next: Section 790
. Criminal Penalties.
AS 46.03.780. Liability For Restoration.
- (a) A person who violates a provision of this chapter, AS 46.04, AS
46.09, or AS 46.14, or who fails to perform a duty imposed by this chapter, AS 46.04, AS 46.09, or AS 46.14, or violates or disregards an order, permit, or other
determination of the department made under the provisions of this chapter, AS 46.04, AS 46.09, or AS 46.14, respectively, and thereby causes the death of fish, animals,
or vegetation or otherwise injures or degrades the environment of the state is liable to the state for damages.
- (b) Liability for damages under (a) of this section includes an amount equal to the sum of money required to restock
injured land or waters, to replenish a damaged or degraded resource, or to otherwise restore the environment of the
state to its condition before the injury.
- (c) Damages under (a) of this section shall be recovered by the attorney general on behalf of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.