- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 488. Activities of the Department.
previous: Section 487
. Exemption For Vessels in Innocent Passage.
next: Section 490
AS 46.03.488. Activities of the Department.
The department may engage in the following activities relating to commercial passenger vessels operating in the marine
waters of the state:
- (1) direct in-water monitoring of discharges or releases of sewage, graywater, and other wastewater and direct monitoring
of the opacity of air emissions from those vessels;
- (2) monitoring and studying of direct or indirect environmental effects of those vessels; and
- (3) researching ways to reduce effects of the vessels on marine waters and other coastal resources.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.