- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 476. Ocean Rangers.
previous: Section 475
. Reporting Requirements.
next: Section 480
AS 46.03.476. Ocean Rangers.
- (a) An owner or operator of a large commercial passenger vessel entering the marine waters of the
state is required to have a marine engineer licensed by the United States Coast Guard hired or retained by the department
on board the vessel to act as an independent observer for the purpose of monitoring state and federal requirements
pertaining to marine discharge and pollution requirements and to insure that passengers, crew, and residents at ports are
protected from improper sanitation, health, and safety practices.
- (b) The licensed marine engineer shall monitor, observe, and record data and information related to
the engineering, sanitation, and health related operations of the vessel, including but not limited to registration,
reporting, record-keeping, and discharge functions required by state and federal law.
- (c) Any information recorded or gathered by the licensed marine engineer shall be promptly conveyed
to the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation and the United States Coast Guard on a form or in a manner approved
by the commissioner of environmental conservation. The commissioner may share information gathered with other state and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.