- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 380. Registration of Tanks and Tank Systems.
previous: Section 375
. Certification of Storage Tank Workers.
next: Section 385
. Registration Fee.
AS 46.03.380. Registration of Tanks and Tank Systems.
- (a) A person, including a governmental entity or institution, or a public corporation, who intends to install, have
installed, return to operation, or acquire ownership of an underground petroleum storage tank or tank system shall,
before the installation or return to operation, or 30 days after acquisition, register the tank or tank system with the
department on a form provided by the department and pay the tank registration fee required under AS 46.03.385
- (b) The owner or operator of an underground petroleum storage tank or tank system that was installed before and is still
in use on September 5, 1990 shall register the tank or tank system with the department on a form provided by the
department and pay the tank registration fee required under AS 46.03.385
. For each tank or tank system registered under this subsection that was installed before December 22, 1988, the owner
or operator shall provide to the department at the time of registration
- (1) proof of plans for prompt site assessment or testing for tank tightness;
- (2) proof of tank tightness testing or site assessment that occurred within the previous 12 months and
- (A) satisfactory performance of the tank or tank system during the test, proof of noncontamination if a site assessment
was performed, and proof of compliance with applicable state financial responsibility requirements; or
- (B) if the tank or tank system did not perform satisfactorily during the test, or the site assessment showed evidence of
contamination, a summary of the upgrading, repair, containment, or cleanup efforts that have been or will be used for
the tank, tank system, or site.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.