- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 317. Hazardous Waste Reduction Matching Grants.
previous: Section 316
. Hazardous Waste Reduction and Recycling Program. [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 88 SLA 1990].
next: Section 320
. Regulation of Pesticides and Broadcast Chemicals.
AS 46.03.317. Hazardous Waste Reduction Matching Grants.
- (a) A hazardous waste reduction grant account is established in the general fund. It consists of appropriations made to
- (b) The department may issue matching grants from money in the account to businesses, local governments, industry trade
associations, labor organizations, or nonprofit organizations for the purpose of feasibility analysis and evaluation of
ways to implement hazardous waste reduction.
- (c) Grants under this section
- (1) must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis by the grantee in cash or in kind;
- (2) may not exceed $10,000 for any single proposal or project.
- (d) The department shall establish an advisory committee, consisting of five members, to assist the department in
reviewing and evaluating grant applications under this section. The advisory committee must include
- (1) an officer or employee of the department;
- (2) a representative of the University of Alaska;
- (3) a professional civil or chemical engineer with experience in environmental engineering;
- (4) an owner or representative of a small business; and
- (5) a public member.
Article 05. PESTICIDE CONTROL
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.