- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 40. Alaska Environmental Plan.
previous: Section 39
. Fees Charged For Loans Made From the Alaska Drinking Water Fund.
next: Section 45
. Public Recognition of Pollution Prevention Efforts.
AS 46.03.040. Alaska Environmental Plan.
- (a) The department shall formulate and annually review and revise a statewide environmental plan for the management and
protection of the quality of the environment and the natural resources of the state, in furtherance of the legislative
policy and purposes expressed in this chapter.
- (b) The department shall submit the first plan to the governor on or before January 1, 1972, and thereafter submit
periodic revisions of the plan to the governor. The plan is effective upon approval by the governor and shall serve
thereafter as a guide to the public, the state government and the political subdivisions of the state in the
development of the environment and natural resources of the state.
- (c) In formulating the plan and any revisions, the department may consult with persons, organizations, and groups, public
or private, interested in or concerned with the environment of the state, and with a department, division, board,
commission, or other agency of the state, with a political subdivision, or with any public authority as may be
necessary to enable the department to carry out its responsibilities under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.