- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 81. Business Loan and Grant Programs
- Section 20. Eligibility For Grants.
previous: Section 10
. New Business Incentive Fund.
next: Section 30
. Use of Grant Money.
AS 45.81.020. Eligibility For Grants.
- (a) A new business or a business that is opening a new branch in the state is eligible for a new business incentive grant
- (1) the business is primarily engaged in manufacturing a product for export outside of the state;
- (2) the business will not directly compete with an existing business that is located in the state as determined by the
- (3) for a business located in a municipality, the municipality has provided support to the business in a form and in an
amount acceptable to the department;
- (4) the business is primarily financed by the private sector; and
- (5) the business has been recommended as complying with the requirements for a business incentive grant by the Alaska
Industrial Development and Export Authority.
- (b) The department shall prescribe by regulation the standards for new business incentive grant eligibility and the form
and procedure for submitting grant applications. Subject to the availability of money in the new business incentive
fund, the department may award a grant to an eligible applicant in an amount that does not exceed the amount
recommended by the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority for that applicant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.