- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 290. Coal, Coke, and Charcoal.
previous: Section 288
. Furnace and Stove Oil.
next: Section 300
. Textile Products.
AS 45.75.290. Coal, Coke, and Charcoal.
- (a) Coal, coke, and charcoal shall be sold by weight. Unless the fuel is delivered to the purchaser in package form, each
delivery of coal, coke, or charcoal to an individual purchaser shall be accompanied by duplicate delivery tickets on
which, in ink or other indelible substance, there are clearly stated
- (1) the name and address of the vendor;
- (2) the name and address of the purchaser; and
- (3) the net weight of the delivery and the gross and tare weights from which the net weight is computed, each expressed in
- (b) One of the tickets provided for under (a) of this section shall be retained by the vendor and the other shall be
delivered to the purchaser at the time of delivery of the fuel, or shall be surrendered, on demand, to the director, or
the deputy director or an inspector, or a sealer or deputy sealer, who, if retaining it as evidence, shall issue a
weight slip in place of it for delivery to the purchaser. If the purchaser carries away the purchase, the vendor is
required only to give to the purchaser at the time of sale a delivery ticket stating the number of pounds of fuel
delivered to the purchaser.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.