- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 100. Inspection of Packages.
previous: Section 90
next: Section 110
. Stop-Use, Stop-Removal, and Removal Orders.
AS 45.75.100. Inspection of Packages.
- (a) The director shall, from time to time, weigh or measure and inspect packages or amounts of commodities kept, offered,
or exposed for sale to determine whether they contain the amounts represented and whether they are kept, offered, or
exposed for sale in accordance with law. When packages or amounts of commodities do not contain the amounts
represented, or are kept, offered, or exposed for sale in violation of law, the director may order them off sale and
may mark or tag them to show they are illegal. The director may use recognized sampling procedures. Compliance of a
given lot of packages shall be determined on the basis of the result obtained on a sample selected from and
representative of the lot.
- (b) A person may not
- (1) sell, or keep, offer, or expose for sale in intrastate commerce a package or amount of commodity that has been ordered
off sale or marked or tagged as provided in this section until the package or amount of commodity has been brought into
full compliance with all legal requirements; or
- (2) dispose of a package or amount of commodity that is ordered off sale or marked or tagged as provided in this section
and that does not meet legal requirements, except with the specific approval of the director.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.