- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 140. Prohibited Representations.
previous: Section 130
. Cancellation of Contract.
next: Section 150
. Untrue Statements or Omissions.
AS 45.66.140. Prohibited Representations.
- (a) A person may not state that the person is registered as a seller under this chapter unless the person has complied
with the registration or renewal requirements, as applicable, of this chapter.
- (b) Unless the seller is asked for the information by the buyer, a seller may not state or imply that the seller has a
license, consent, or other form of permission from the state to sell business opportunities in this state.
- (c) A seller may not make, or cause to be made, a representation that is inconsistent with AS 45.66.160
- (d) A seller may not state or imply that the seller's compliance with the laws of this state or a municipality constitutes
approval or endorsement of the seller by the state or municipality.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.