- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 70. Location of Offer and Sale.
previous: Section 60
. Surety Bond Required.
next: Section 80
. Disclosure Requirements.
AS 45.66.070. Location of Offer and Sale.
This chapter applies to a sale of, or an offer to sell, a business opportunity if
- (1) the offer, regardless of whether either party is then present in this state, originates in this state, or is directed
by the offeror to this state and received at the place to which the offer is directed, including a post office box;
this paragraph does not include an offer that
- (A) appears in a bona fide newspaper or other publication of general circulation that is not published in this state or
that is published in this state but more than two-thirds of its circulation was outside this state during the 12 months
preceding the offer; or
- (B) is made on a radio or television program that originates outside this state and is received in this state;
- (2) the acceptance
- (A) has not been previously communicated, orally or in writing, to the offeror outside this state;
- (B) is communicated to the offeror in this state, regardless of whether the seller or buyer is then present in this state,
and the offeree reasonably believes that the offeror is located in this state; and
- (C) is received at the place to which it was directed, including a post office box; or
- (3) the buyer is domiciled in this state and the business opportunity is or will be operated in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.