- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 57. Takeover Bid Disclosure Act
- Section 50. Investigations and Subpoenas.
previous: Section 40
. Deceptive Practices.
next: Section 60
AS 45.57.050. Investigations and Subpoenas.
- (a) The department in its discretion may
- (1) make public or private investigations inside or outside this state as it considers necessary to determine whether a
person has violated or is about to violate a provision of this chapter or an order under this chapter;
- (2) require or permit a person to file a statement in writing, under oath or otherwise as the department determines, as to
all the facts and circumstances concerning the matter to be investigated; and
- (3) publish information concerning a violation of this chapter or an order under this chapter.
- (b) For the purpose of an investigation or proceeding under this chapter, the department or an officer designated by it
may administer oaths and affirmations, subpoena witnesses, compel their attendance, take evidence, and require the
production of books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, agreements, or other documents or records which the department
considers relevant or material to the inquiry.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.