- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 50. Competitive Practices, Regulation of Competition, and Consumer Protection
- Section 840. Definitions.
previous: Section 830
. Court to Determine Fair Market Value When Parties Cannot Agree.
next: Section 850
. Short Title.
AS 45.50.840. Definitions.
In AS 45.50.800
- 45.50.830, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "dealer" means a person primarily engaged in the sale of gasoline to the motoring public through a retail outlet
leased from the refiner or distributor or its agent by the person and operated by the person;
- (2) "distributor" means any person or corporation other than a refiner engaged in the sale, assignment, or distribution of
gasoline to four or more dealer-operated retail outlets;
- (3) "gasoline" means all products commonly or commercially known or sold as gasoline;
- (4) "lease" means an oral or written contract or agreement or series of agreements, either express or implied, in which
the dealer is required directly or indirectly to purchase 50 percent or more of the dealer's supply of gasoline from a
distributor or refiner and in which the dealer is granted authority to occupy premises owned, leased, or in any way
controlled, directly or indirectly, by the refiner or distributor;
- (5) "refiner" is a company, corporation, or individual who owns or controls, or controls through a substantially owned
subsidiary, partnership, or joint venture, a refinery used for the production of gasoline, diesel, or other motor
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.