In AS 45.45.300 — 45.45.360,
(1) “dealer” means a person who has obtained a franchise from, or is authorized by, a motor vehicle manufacturer to engage in the retail sale and warranty repair of the manufacturer’s new motor vehicles in the state;
(2) “distributor” means a person who is authorized by a manufacturer to engage in the wholesale distribution of the manufacturer’s new motor vehicles in the state;
(3) “express warranty” or “warranty” means an express written warranty provided by the manufacturer of a new motor vehicle;
(4) “full purchase price” means the total price paid for a motor vehicle by the original owner, including costs added to the retail price, such as original registration fees, transportation fees, dealer preparation, and dealer installed options;
(5) “manufacturer” means a person who by labor transforms raw materials and component parts into motor vehicles for wholesale or retail sale;
(6) “motor vehicle” or “vehicle” means a land vehicle having four or more wheels, that is self-propelled by a motor, is normally used for personal, family, or household purposes, and is required to be registered under AS 28.10, but does not include a tractor, farm vehicle, or a vehicle designed primarily for off-road use;
(7) “nonconformity” means a defect or condition in a motor vehicle caused by a manufacturer, distributor, dealer, or repairing agent that substantially impairs the use or market value of a vehicle;
(8) “owner” means a purchaser, other than for resale, of a new motor vehicle, and a person to whom ownership of the motor vehicle is transferred in conformity with AS 28;
(9) “reasonable allowance” means an amount attributable to an owner’s use of a motor vehicle; a “reasonable allowance” may not exceed an amount equal to the depreciation in value of the vehicle for the period during which the vehicle is available for use by the owner, calculated by a straight line depreciation method over seven years, plus an amount equal to the depreciation in value of the vehicle that is caused by
(A) any neglect or abuse by the owner; or
(B) body damage not caused by a nonconformity;
(10) “repairing agent” means a person who has been specifically authorized by a motor vehicle manufacturer or distributor to perform warranty repairs in the state on one or more of the manufacturer’s or distributor’s motor vehicles;
(11) “substantially impairs the market value” means a nonconformity that substantially decreases the dollar value of a vehicle to the owner when compared to the dollar value of a similar vehicle that does not have the nonconformity;
(12) “substantially impairs the use” means a nonconformity that prevents a motor vehicle from being operated or makes the vehicle unsafe to operate.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 45.45.010. Legal rate of interest; prepayment of interest. Repealed
- Sec. 45.45.020. Higher rate of interest prohibited.
- Sec. 45.45.030. Action for recovery of double amount of usurious interest paid.
- Sec. 45.45.040. Usurious rate as working forfeiture of entire interest.
- Sec. 45.45.050. Recovery by assignee of usurious contract of amount paid.
- Sec. 45.45.060. Contract not usurious because of agreement to pay taxes.
- Sec. 45.45.070. Enforcement of contracts entered into under AS 45.45.060
- Sec. 45.45.080. Money lenders may collect interest in advance.
- Sec. 45.45.090. Applicability of other laws.
- Sec. 45.45.100. Requiring individuals to keep merchandise in full view.
- Sec. 45.45.105. Unsolicited merchandise.
- Sec. 45.45.110. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.120. Disclosure of costs.
- Sec. 45.45.130. Repair order.
- Sec. 45.45.140. Repair price information.
- Sec. 45.45.150. Notice to customer.
- Sec. 45.45.160. Charges.
- Sec. 45.45.170. Authorization to proceed with repairs.
- Sec. 45.45.180. Return of parts.
- Sec. 45.45.190. Invoice.
- Sec. 45.45.200. Prohibited practices.
- Sec. 45.45.210. Disclosure of regulation.
- Sec. 45.45.220. Records.
- Sec. 45.45.240. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.300. Repairs required.
- Sec. 45.45.305. Replacement or refund.
- Sec. 45.45.310. Notice by owner.
- Sec. 45.45.315. Exceptions.
- Sec. 45.45.320. Presumption.
- Sec. 45.45.325. Parts availability.
- Sec. 45.45.330. Failure to replace or refund.
- Sec. 45.45.335. Resale without disclosure prohibited.
- Sec. 45.45.340. Other rights and remedies.
- Sec. 45.45.345. Repair facilities.
- Sec. 45.45.350. Reimbursement of shipping costs.
- Sec. 45.45.355. Arbitration or mediation.
- Sec. 45.45.400. Prohibited transfer of used motor vehicles.
- Sec. 45.45.450. Identification of cost recovery fees.
- Sec. 45.45.455. Vehicle licensing cost recovery fee.
- Sec. 45.45.459. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.500. Notice required before contract.
- Sec. 45.45.510. Minimum contents of royalties contracts.
- Sec. 45.45.520. Collection of royalties.
- Sec. 45.45.530. Prohibited practices.
- Sec. 45.45.550. Private action.
- Sec. 45.45.560. Exemptions.
- Sec. 45.45.570. Construction.
- Sec. 45.45.590. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.600. Express warranty required.
- Sec. 45.45.610. Repairs of nonconformities.
- Sec. 45.45.620. Returns of nonrepairable goods; refunds.
- Sec. 45.45.630. Procedures for returns and refunds.
- Sec. 45.45.640. Lease unenforceable after refund.
- Sec. 45.45.650. Limits on sale or lease of returned equipment.
- Sec. 45.45.660. Rights may not be waived.
- Sec. 45.45.670. No limitation of other rights.
- Sec. 45.45.680. Action for damages authorized.
- Sec. 45.45.690. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.700. Coercion of dealer.
- Sec. 45.45.710. Disposition of merchandise remaining upon contract termination.
- Sec. 45.45.720. Time for payment.
- Sec. 45.45.730. Death or disability of dealer or holder of majority interest in dealer.
- Sec. 45.45.740. Required purchase, reimbursement, and supplies.
- Sec. 45.45.750. Prohibited terms.
- Sec. 45.45.760. Civil action.
- Sec. 45.45.770. Exemptions.
- Sec. 45.45.790. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.792. Prohibited conduct relating to spyware.
- Sec. 45.45.794. Removal of potentially harmful software.
- Sec. 45.45.798. Definitions.
- Sec. 45.45.900. Indemnification agreements against public policy.
- Sec. 45.45.905. Transportation services contracts; indemnification agreements prohibited.
- Sec. 45.45.910. Sale or transfer of consumer electrical products.
- Sec. 45.45.920. Free trial period.
- Sec. 45.45.930. Opt-out marketing plans.