- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 240. Definitions.
previous: Section 220
next: Section 300
. Repairs Required.
AS 45.45.240. Definitions.
In AS 45.45.130
- (1) "customer" includes a person authorized by the customer to act on the customer's behalf;
- (2) "motor vehicle" or "vehicle" means a motor vehicle as defined in AS 28.90.990
that is required to be registered under AS 28.10, or with a
governmental agency of another jurisdiction performing a similar function;
- (3) "motor vehicle repair shop" or "shop" means an individual, corporation, partnership, or other form of business
organization engaged in the motor vehicle repair business and includes owners, officers, directors, agents, employees,
and representatives but excludes the following:
- (A) a shop engaged solely in the business of repairing the motor vehicles of a single commercial, industrial, or
governmental establishment, or of two or more of these establishments that are related by common ownership or
- (B) a person repairing the person's own or a family member's motor vehicle;
- (4) "repair" or "repairs" means the improvement, adjustment, replacement, examination, diagnosis, maintenance, servicing,
removal, or installation of any component or part of a motor vehicle, but does not include towing or the supplying of
motor fuel to a motor vehicle.
Article 06. MOTOR VEHICLE WARRANTIES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.