- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 35. Lease-Purchases of Personal Property
- Section 70. Advertisement.
previous: Section 60
. Application of Disclosure Requirements Upon Occurrence of Subsequent Events.
next: Section 80
. Written Receipts.
AS 45.35.070. Advertisement.
- (a) If an advertisement for a lease-purchase agreement refers to or states the dollar amount of a payment and the right to
acquire ownership of a specific item of personal property, the advertisement must also clearly and conspicuously state
each of the following items that is applicable:
- (1) that the advertised transaction is a lease-purchase agreement;
- (2) the total amount to be paid to acquire ownership of the item; and
- (3) that the consumer will not acquire ownership rights in the item until the consumer pays the total amount to be paid to
acquire ownership of the item.
- (b) The owner and the employees of a communications medium in which an advertisement covered by (a) of this section
appears or through which the advertisement is disseminated is not liable for a failure of a lessor to comply with (a)
of this section.
- (c) The requirements of (a) of this section do not apply to an advertisement that is published in the yellow pages of a
telephone directory or another similar business directory.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.