- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 35. Lease-Purchases of Personal Property
- Section 60. Application of Disclosure Requirements Upon Occurrence of Subsequent Events.
previous: Section 50
. Reinstatement of Contract By Consumer; Repossession.
next: Section 70
AS 45.35.060. Application of Disclosure Requirements Upon Occurrence of Subsequent Events.
- (a) When a lessor and a consumer replace an existing lease-purchase agreement between the lessor and consumer with a new
lease-purchase agreement, the lessor shall make the disclosures required by AS 45.35.010 for the new lease-purchase agreement. In this
subsection, "new lease-purchase agreement" does not include
- (1) the addition of personal property to or the return or substitution of personal property already covered by a
lease-purchase agreement that covers more than one item of personal property if the average lease payment allocable to
a payment period is not changed by more than 25 percent of the average lease payment before the change;
- (2) a deferral or extension of a lease payment or portion of a payment;
- (3) a reduction in the amount of the payments or other charges in the lease-purchase agreement; or
- (4) a lease-purchase agreement that is the subject of a court action.
- (b) The lessor is not required to make the disclosures under AS 45.35.010 when the lessor and the consumer extend the
length of a lease-purchase agreement.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.