- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 30. Sales of Mobile Homes
- Section 18. Private Cause of Action Against Bond.
previous: Section 15
next: Section 20
. Duties of Department. [Repealed, Sec. 5 Ch 123 SLA 1972].
AS 45.30.018. Private Cause of Action Against Bond.
- (a) A buyer who has a claim against the manufacturer of the buyer's mobile home for failure to fulfill the manufacturer's
obligations under AS 45.30.011
may file an action upon the bond required by AS 45.30.015
- (b) Two copies of the complaint and the summons shall be served by certified mail on the attorney general at the time the
action is filed. Service upon the attorney general constitutes service on the surety. The attorney general shall
transmit one copy of the complaint and summons to the surety within three business days after receiving the summons and
complaint. The attorney general shall maintain a record, available for public inspection, of all actions commenced
under this section.
- (c) The remedy provided in this section is in addition to, and not in derogation of, all other rights and remedies that a
buyer may have under another law or instrument.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.