- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 30. Sales of Mobile Homes
- Section 11. Mobile Home Warranties.
previous: Section 10
. Mobile Home Standards. [Repealed, Sec. 5 Ch 104 SLA 1980].
next: Section 15
AS 45.30.011. Mobile Home Warranties.
- (a) After August 27, 1980, a new mobile home sold by a mobile home dealer to a buyer is subject to a mobile home warranty.
A mobile home warranty shall be set out in a separate written document entitled "Mobile Home Warranty" which shall be
delivered to the buyer by the mobile home dealer at the time a contract of sale is signed. The warranty shall contain
the name, address, and telephone number of the mobile home manufacturer and the mobile home dealer and shall include at
least the following provisions:
- (1) the mobile home is free from any substantial defects in materials and workmanship;
- (2) the manufacturer or dealer, or both, shall take appropriate action at the site of the mobile home to correct
substantial defects in materials or workmanship which become evident within one year of the date of delivery of the
mobile home to the buyer if the buyer, or a transferee of the buyer, gives written notice of the defect by registered
or certified mail addressed to the business address of the manufacturer or dealer on a date which is not more than one
year and ten days after date of delivery of the mobile home;
- (3) the manufacturer and the dealer are jointly and severally liable to the buyer, or a transferee of the buyer, for the
fulfillment of the terms of warranty, and the buyer may notify the manufacturer or the dealer, or both, in the event
action is required to correct substantial defects in materials or workmanship;
- (4) the warranty is applicable to the mobile home structure, its plumbing, heating, and electrical systems, and all
appliances and equipment installed or included in the mobile home unit by the manufacturer or dealer; and
- (5) notwithstanding separate warranties applicable to appliances contained within a mobile home unit issued by the
manufacturers of the appliances, primary responsibility for appropriate corrective action under the warranty rests with
the manufacturer and the dealer of the mobile home unit, and written notice of defects must be initially reported to
- (b) The warranty provided under (a) of this section is in addition to, and not in derogation of, all other rights and
remedies which a buyer may have under any other law or instrument.
- (c) The manufacturer and the dealer may not require the buyer to waive the buyer's rights under (a) of this section. A
waiver of rights required by a manufacturer or dealer is contrary to public policy and is unenforceable.
- (d) A mobile home dealer shall display a notice of reasonable size stating the applicability of the warranty required by
this section, and shall, upon request, provide a sample copy of the warranty. The notice shall be posted in each area
in which purchase orders and sales contracts for mobile homes are written.
- (e) The manufacturer shall compensate a mobile home dealer who incurs expenses as a result of warranty obligations for
which the manufacturer is legally responsible or for obligations which the manufacturer imposes upon the dealer. A
provision of contract which is contrary to this subsection is void as against public policy.
- (f) In this section, a defect is "substantial" if it materially affects the fitness of the mobile home for occupancy or
use by the buyer or a transferee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.