- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 702. Savings Clause.
previous: Section 628
. Nonliability and Limitation On Liability of Secured Party; Liability of Secondary Obligor.
next: Section 703
. Security Interest Perfected Before Effective Date.
AS 45.29.702. Savings Clause.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in AS 45.29.702
- 45.29.709, this chapter applies to a transaction or
lien within the scope of this chapter, even if the transaction or lien was entered into or created before July 1, 2001.
- (b) Except as otherwise provided in AS 45.29.703
- (1) transactions and liens that were not governed by former AS 45.09, were validly entered into or created before July 1, 2001, and
would be subject to this chapter if they had been entered into or created on or after July 1, 2001, and the rights,
duties, and interests flowing from those transactions and liens remain valid on and after July 1, 2001; and
- (2) the transactions and liens may be terminated, completed, consummated, and enforced as required or permitted under this
chapter or by the law that otherwise would apply if this chapter had not taken effect.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.