- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 523. Information From Filing Office; Sale or License of Records.
previous: Section 522
. Maintenance and Destruction of Records.
next: Section 524
. Delay By Filing Office.
AS 45.29.523. Information From Filing Office; Sale or License of Records.
- (a) If a person who files a written record requests an acknowledgment of the filing, the filing office shall send to the
person an image of the record showing the number assigned to the record under AS 45.29.519(a)(1) and the date and time of the filing of
the record. However, if the person furnishes a copy of the record to the filing office, the filing office may instead
- (1) note on the copy the number assigned to the record under AS 45.29.519(a)(1) and the date and time of the filing of
the record; and
- (2) send the copy to the person.
- (b) If a person files a record other than a written record, the filing office shall communicate to the person an
acknowledgment that provides
- (1) the information in the record;
- (2) the number assigned to the record under AS 45.29.519
- (3) the date and time of the filing of the record.
- (c) The filing office shall communicate or otherwise make available in a record the following information to a person who
- (1) whether there is on file on a date and time specified by the filing office, but not a date earlier than three business
days before the filing office receives the request, a financing statement that
- (A) designates a particular debtor;
- (B) has not lapsed under AS 45.29.515
with respect to all secured parties of record; and
- (C) if the request so states, has lapsed under AS 45.29.515
and a record of which is maintained by the filing office under AS 45.29.522(a);
- (2) the date and time of filing of each financing statement; and
- (3) the information provided in each financing statement.
- (d) In complying with its duty under (c) of this section, the filing office may communicate information in any medium.
However, if requested, the filing office shall communicate information by issuing its written certificate.
- (e) The filing office shall perform the acts required by (a) - (d) of this section at the time and in the manner
prescribed by filing office regulations but, in the case of a filing office described in AS 45.29.501(a)(2), not later than two business days after
the filing office receives the request.
- (f) At least bi-weekly, the filing office described in AS 45.29.501(a)(2) shall offer to sell or license to the
public on a nonexclusive basis, in bulk, copies of all records filed in it under AS 45.29.501 - 45.29.525, in every medium from time to time available to
the filing office.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.