- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 325. Priority of Security Interests in Transferred Collateral.
previous: Section 324
. Priority of Purchase Money Security Interests.
next: Section 326
. Priority of Security Interests Created By New Debtor.
AS 45.29.325. Priority of Security Interests in Transferred Collateral.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) of this section, a security interest created by a debtor is subordinate to a
security interest in the same collateral created by another person if
- (1) the debtor acquired the collateral subject to the security interest created by the other person;
- (2) the security interest created by the other person was perfected when the debtor acquired the collateral; and
- (3) there is no period after the events described in (1) and (2) of this subsection when the security interest is
- (b) The provisions of (a) of this section subordinate a security interest only if the security interest
- (1) otherwise would have priority solely under AS 45.29.322
(a) or 45.29.324; or
- (2) arose solely under AS 45.02.711
(c) or AS 45.12.508
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.