- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 25. Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Section 465. Sales of Used Motor Vehicles; Required Disclosures.
previous: Section 460
. Advertising and Selling Practices Generally.
next: Section 470
. Sales of Vehicles Manufactured For Sale in a Foreign Country.
AS 45.25.465. Sales of Used Motor Vehicles; Required Disclosures.
- (a) Before the sale of a used motor vehicle, a motor vehicle dealer shall,
- (1) when obtaining a used motor vehicle from an individual consumer, make a reasonable inquiry of the seller into the
condition of the vehicle, including the accident and repair history of the vehicle; the information shall be recorded
in writing and verified by the seller; the dealer shall provide this information to a prospective purchaser of the
- (2) when a motor vehicle dealer obtains a used motor vehicle from another motor vehicle dealer, a wholesaler, or an
auction, disclose to a prospective purchaser of the vehicle that the vehicle was purchased from another dealer, a
wholesaler, or an auction.
- (b) Nothing in this section creates an express warranty by the dealer.
- (c) When a motor vehicle dealer sells a used motor vehicle or a current model used motor vehicle, the motor vehicle dealer
shall disclose to the buyer in writing in a manner that is clear and conspicuous and posted in the window of the
- (1) that the warranty provisions of AS 45.45.300
- 45.45.360 do not apply to the purchase of the motor
- (2) that, if applicable, the vehicle is not subject to a manufacturer's warranty; and
- (3) that, if applicable, the vehicle was originally manufactured for sale in Canada or another foreign country.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.