- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 25. Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Section 130. Threat of Termination.
previous: Section 120
. Notice of Termination.
next: Section 140
. Repurchase Obligations On Termination.
AS 45.25.130. Threat of Termination.
- (a) A manufacturer or manufacturer representative may not coerce or attempt to coerce a new motor vehicle dealer to enter
into an agreement with the manufacturer or a subsidiary of the manufacturer, or to do any other act unfair to the new
motor vehicle dealer, by threatening to terminate a franchise agreement between the manufacturer or subsidiary of the
manufacturer and the new motor vehicle dealer.
- (b) This section does not prohibit a voluntary agreement between a manufacturer and a new motor vehicle dealer or between
a distributor and a new motor vehicle dealer to settle legitimate disputes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.