- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 25. Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Section 120. Notice of Termination.
previous: Section 110
. Termination of Franchise Agreements.
next: Section 130
. Threat of Termination.
AS 45.25.120. Notice of Termination.
- (a) A manufacturer shall furnish a notice of termination of a franchise agreement to a new motor vehicle dealer at least
- (1) 90 days before the effective date of a termination, except as required under (2) or (3) of this subsection;
- (2) 15 days before the effective date of a termination when the new motor vehicle dealer
- (A) is insolvent or is the subject of a bankruptcy or receivership proceeding;
- (B) has failed to conduct its customary sales and service operations during its customary business hours for seven
consecutive business days; this subparagraph does not apply to closures due to acts of God or circumstances beyond the
direct control of the new motor vehicle dealer; or
- (C) is convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude or fraud under the law of this state, another state, the federal
government, a territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia;
- (3) 180 days before the effective date of the termination if the manufacturer or distributor is discontinuing the sale of
the product line.
- (b) Notice required under (a) of this section must be in writing, shall be sent by certified mail or personally delivered
to the new motor vehicle dealer, and must contain
- (1) a statement of intention to terminate the franchise;
- (2) a statement of the reasons for the termination; and
- (3) the date on which the termination takes effect.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.