- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 210. Overissue.
previous: Section 209
. Issuer's Lien.
next: Section 301
AS 45.08.210. Overissue.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) and (c) of this section, the provisions of AS 45.08.201
- 45.08.210 that validate a security or compel its
issue or reissue do not apply to the extent that validation, issue, or reissue would result in overissue.
- (b) If an identical security not constituting an overissue is reasonably available for purchase, a person entitled to
issue or validation may compel the issuer to purchase the security and deliver it if certificated or register its
transfer if uncertificated, against surrender of any security certificate the person holds.
- (c) If a security is not reasonably available for purchase, a person entitled to issue or validation may recover from the
issuer the price the person or the last purchaser for value paid for it with interest from the date of the person's
- (d) In this section, "overissue" means the issue of securities in excess of the amount the issuer has corporate power to
issue, but an overissue does not occur if appropriate action has cured the overissue.
Article 03. PURCHASE
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.