- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 7. Warehouse Receipts, Bills of Lading, and Other Documents of Title
- Section 303. Diversion; Reconsignment; Change of Instructions.
previous: Section 302
. Through Bills of Lading and Similar Documents.
next: Section 304
. Bills of Lading in a Set.
AS 45.07.303. Diversion; Reconsignment; Change of Instructions.
- (a) Unless the bill of lading otherwise provides, the carrier may deliver the goods to a person or destination other than
that stated in the bill or may otherwise dispose of the goods on instructions from
- (1) the holder of a negotiable bill;
- (2) the consignor on a nonnegotiable bill notwithstanding contrary instruction from the consignee;
- (3) the consignee on a nonnegotiable bill in the absence of contrary instructions from the consignor if the goods have
arrived at the billed destination or if the consignee is in possession of the bill; or
- (4) the consignee on a nonnegotiable bill if the consignee is entitled as against the consignor to dispose of them.
- (b) Unless the instructions are noted on a negotiable bill of lading, a person to whom the bill is duly negotiated can
hold the bailee according to the original terms.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.