- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 7. Warehouse Receipts, Bills of Lading, and Other Documents of Title
- Section 207. Goods Must Be Kept Separate; Fungible Goods.
previous: Section 206
. Termination of Storage at Warehouseman's Option.
next: Section 208
. Altered Warehouse Receipts.
AS 45.07.207. Goods Must Be Kept Separate; Fungible Goods.
- (a) Unless the warehouse receipt otherwise provides, a warehouseman must keep separate the goods covered by each receipt
so as to permit at all times identification and delivery of those goods, except that different lots of fungible goods
may be commingled.
- (b) Fungible goods so commingled are owned in common by the persons entitled to them, and the warehouseman is severally
liable to each owner for that owner's share. If, because of overissue, a mass of fungible goods is insufficient to
meet all the receipts that the warehouseman has issued against it, the persons entitled include all holders to whom
overissued receipts have been duly negotiated.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.