- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 4. Bank Deposits and Collections
- Section 213. Medium and Time of Settlement By Bank.
previous: Section 212
. Presentment By Notice of Item Not Payable By, Through, or at a Bank; Liability of Drawer or Endorser.
next: Section 214
. Right of Charge Back or Refund; Liability of Collecting Bank; Return of Item.
AS 45.04.213. Medium and Time of Settlement By Bank.
- (a) With respect to settlement by a bank, the medium and time of settlement may be prescribed by Federal Reserve
regulations or circulars, clearinghouse rules, and the like, or by agreement. In the absence of a prescription
- (1) the medium of settlement is cash or credit to an account in a Federal Reserve Bank of or specified by the person to
receive settlement; and
- (2) the time of settlement is with respect to tender of settlement
- (A) by cash, a cashier's check, or teller's check, when the cash or check is sent or delivered;
- (B) by credit in an account in a Federal Reserve Bank, when the credit is made;
- (C) by a credit or debit to an account in a bank, when the credit or debit is made or, in the case of tender of settlement
by authority to charge an account, when the authority is sent or delivered; or
- (D) by a funds transfer, when payment is made to the person receiving settlement.
- (b) If the tender of settlement is not by a medium authorized by (a) of this section or the time of settlement is not
fixed by (a) of this section, settlement does not occur until the tender of settlement is accepted by the person
- (c) If settlement for an item is made by cashier's check or teller's check and the person receiving settlement, before its
- (1) presents or forwards the check for collection, settlement is final when the check is finally paid; or
- (2) fails to present or forward the check for collection, settlement is final at the midnight deadline of the person
- (d) If settlement for an item is made by giving authority to charge the account of the bank giving settlement in the bank
receiving settlement, settlement is final when the charge is made by the bank receiving settlement if there are funds
available in the account for the amount of the item.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.