- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 4. Bank Deposits and Collections
- Section 204. Methods of Sending and Presenting; Sending Directly to Payor Bank.
previous: Section 203
. Effect of Instructions.
next: Section 205
. Depositary Bank Holder of Unendorsed Item.
AS 45.04.204. Methods of Sending and Presenting; Sending Directly to Payor Bank.
- (a) A collecting bank shall send items by a reasonably prompt method, taking into consideration relevant instructions, the
nature of the item, the number of the items on hand, the cost of collection involved, and the method generally used by
it or others to present the items.
- (b) A collecting bank may send an item
- (1) directly to the payor bank;
- (2) to a nonbank payor if authorized by its transferor; and
- (3) other than documentary drafts to a nonbank payor, if authorized by federal reserve regulation or operating circular,
clearinghouse rule, or the like.
- (c) Presentment may be made by a presenting bank at a place where the payor bank or other payor has requested that
presentment be made.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.