- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 4. Bank Deposits and Collections
- Section 201. Status of Collecting Bank as Agent and Provisional Status of Credits; Applicability; Item Endorsed "Pay Any Bank".
previous: Section 111
. Statute of Limitations.
next: Section 202
. Responsibility For Collection or Return; When Action Timely.
AS 45.04.201. Status of Collecting Bank as Agent and Provisional Status of Credits; Applicability; Item Endorsed "Pay Any Bank".
- (a) Unless a contrary intent clearly appears and before a settlement given by a collecting bank for an item becomes final,
the bank, with respect to the item, is an agent or subagent of the owner of the item and a settlement given for the
item is provisional. This provision applies regardless of the form of endorsement or lack of endorsement and even
though credit given for the item is subject to immediate withdrawal as of right or is in fact withdrawn; but the
continuance of ownership of an item by its owner and the rights of the owner to proceeds of the item are subject to
rights of a collecting bank such as those resulting from outstanding advances on the item and rights of recoupment or
setoff. If an item is handled by banks for purposes of presentment, payment, collection, or return, the relevant
provisions of this chapter apply even though action of the parties clearly establishes that a particular bank has
purchased the item and is the owner of it.
- (b) After an item has been endorsed with the words "pay any bank" or the like, only a bank may acquire the rights of a
holder until the item has been
- (1) returned to the customer initiating collection; or
- (2) specially endorsed by a bank to a person who is not a bank.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.