- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 4. Bank Deposits and Collections
- Section 105. "Bank"; "Depositary Bank"; "Intermediary Bank"; "Collecting Bank"; "Payor Bank"; "Presenting Bank.".
previous: Section 104
. Definitions and Index of Definitions.
next: Section 106
. Payable Through or Payable at Bank; Collecting Bank.
AS 45.04.105. "Bank"; "Depositary Bank"; "Intermediary Bank"; "Collecting Bank"; "Payor Bank"; "Presenting Bank.".
In this chapter,
- (1) "bank" means a person engaged in the business of banking, including a savings bank, savings and loan association,
credit union, or trust company;
- (2) "collecting bank" means a bank handling an item for collection except the payor bank;
- (3) "depositary bank" means the first bank to take an item even though it is also the payor bank, unless the item is
presented for immediate payment over the counter;
- (4) "intermediary bank" means a bank to which an item is transferred in course of collection except the depositary or
- (5) "payor bank" means a bank that is the drawee of a draft;
- (6) "presenting bank" means a bank presenting an item except a payor bank.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.