- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 403. Unauthorized Signature.
previous: Section 402
. Signature By Representative.
next: Section 404
. Impostors; Fictitious Payees.
AS 45.03.403. Unauthorized Signature.
- (a) Unless otherwise provided in this chapter or AS 45.04, an
unauthorized signature is ineffective except as the signature of the unauthorized signer in favor of a person who in
good faith pays the instrument or takes it for value. An unauthorized signature may be ratified for all purposes of
- (b) If the signature of more than one person is required to constitute the authorized signature of an organization, the
signature of the organization is unauthorized if one of the required signatures is lacking.
- (c) The civil or criminal liability of a person who makes an unauthorized signature is not affected by any provision of
this chapter that makes the unauthorized signature effective for the purposes of this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.