- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 709. Action For the Price.
previous: Section 708
. Seller's Damages For Nonacceptance or Repudiation.
next: Section 710
. Seller's Incidental Damages.
AS 45.02.709. Action For the Price.
- (a) If the buyer fails to pay the price as it becomes due, the seller may recover, together with any incidental damages
under AS 45.02.710
, the price
- (1) of goods accepted or of conforming goods lost or damaged within a commercially reasonable time after risk of their
loss has passed to the buyer; and
- (2) of goods identified to the contract if the seller is unable, after reasonable effort, to resell them at a reasonable
price or the circumstances reasonably indicate that a reasonable effort will be unavailing.
- (b) If the seller sues for the price, the seller must hold for the buyer goods that have been identified to the contract
and are still in the control of the seller, except that if resale becomes possible the seller may resell them at any
time before the collection of the judgment. The net proceeds of this resale must be credited to the buyer and payment
of the judgment entitles the buyer to goods not resold.
- (c) After the buyer has wrongfully rejected or revoked acceptance of the goods or has failed to make a payment due or has
repudiated (AS 45.02.610), a seller who is held not
entitled to the price under this section shall nevertheless be awarded damages for nonacceptance under AS 45.02.708
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.