- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 510. Effect of Breach On Risk of Loss.
previous: Section 509
. Risk of Loss in the Absence of Breach.
next: Section 511
. Tender of Payment By Buyer; Payment By Check.
AS 45.02.510. Effect of Breach On Risk of Loss.
- (a) If a tender or delivery of goods so fails to conform to the contract as to give a right of rejection, the risk of
their loss remains on the seller until cure or acceptance.
- (b) If the buyer rightfully revokes acceptance, the buyer may, to the extent of a deficiency in the buyer's effective
insurance coverage, treat the risk of loss as having rested on the seller from the beginning.
- (c) If the buyer as to conforming goods already identified to the contract for sale repudiates or is otherwise in breach
before risk of their loss has passed to the buyer, the seller may, to the extent of a deficiency in the seller's
effective insurance coverage, treat the risk of loss as resting on the buyer for a commercially reasonable time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.