- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 106. Definitions: "Contract"; "Agreement"; "Contract For Sale"; "sale"; "Present Sale"; "Conforming" to Contract; "Termination"; "Cancellation.".
previous: Section 105
. Definitions: Transferability; "Goods"; "Future" Goods; "Lot"; "Commercial Unit.".
next: Section 107
. Goods to Be Severed From Realty; Recording.
AS 45.02.106. Definitions: "Contract"; "Agreement"; "Contract For Sale"; "sale"; "Present Sale"; "Conforming" to Contract; "Termination"; "Cancellation.".
- (a) In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, "contract" and "agreement" are limited to those relating to
the present or future sale of goods. "Contract for sale" includes both a present sale of goods and a contract to sell
goods at a future time. A "sale" consists in the passing of title from the seller to the buyer for a price (AS 45.02.401
). A "present sale" means a sale that is accomplished by the making of the contract.
- (b) Goods or conduct including any part of a performance are "conforming" or conform to the contract when they are in
accordance with the obligations under the contract.
- (c) "Termination" occurs when either party, under a power created by agreement or law, puts an end to the contract
otherwise than for its breach. On "termination" all obligations that are still executory on both sides are
discharged, but a right based on a prior breach of performance survives.
- (d) "Cancellation" occurs when either party puts an end to the contract for breach by the other and its effect is the same
as that of "termination," except that the cancelling party also retains any remedy for breach of the whole contract or
an unperformed balance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.