- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 104. Definitions: "Merchant"; "Between Merchants"; "Financing Agency.".
previous: Section 103
. Definitions and Index of Definitions.
next: Section 105
. Definitions: Transferability; "Goods"; "Future" Goods; "Lot"; "Commercial Unit.".
AS 45.02.104. Definitions: "Merchant"; "Between Merchants"; "Financing Agency.".
- (a) "Merchant" means a person who deals in goods of the kind or otherwise by occupation holds oneself out as having
knowledge or skill peculiar to the practices or goods involved in the transaction or to whom this knowledge or skill
may be attributed by the person's employment of an agent or broker or other intermediary who by occupation holds
oneself out as having this knowledge or skill.
- (b) "Financing agency" means a bank, finance company, or other person who in the ordinary course of business makes
advances against goods or documents of title or who by arrangement with either the seller or the buyer intervenes in
ordinary course to make or collect payment due or claimed under the contract for sale, as by purchasing or paying the
seller's draft or making advances against it or by merely taking it for collection whether or not documents of title
accompany the draft. "Financing agency" includes also a bank or other person who similarly intervenes between persons
who are in the position of seller and buyer in respect to the goods (AS 45.02.707
- (c) "Between merchants" means in any transaction with respect to which both parties are chargeable with the knowledge or
skill of merchants.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.