- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 88. Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority
- Section 70. Purpose of the Authority.
previous: Section 60
. Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority Revolving Fund.
next: Section 80
. Powers of the Authority.
AS 44.88.070. Purpose of the Authority.
The purpose of the authority is to promote, develop, and advance the general prosperity and economic welfare of the
people of Alaska, to relieve problems of unemployment, and to create additional employment by
- (1) providing various means of financing and means of facilitating the financing, in cooperation with federal, state, and
private institutions, of industrial, manufacturing, export, small business, and business enterprises and the other
facilities referred to in AS 44.88.010(a) in the
- (2) owning and operating the enterprises and other facilities described in AS 44.88.172
- (3) fostering the expansion of exports of Alaska goods, services, and raw materials;
- (4) cooperating and acting in conjunction with other organizations, public and private, the objects of which are the
promotion and advancement of export trade activities in the state;
- (5) establishing a source of funding credit guarantees and insurance, not otherwise available, to support export
- (6) providing and cooperating or participating with federal, state, and private institutions to provide actual and
potential Alaska exporters, particularly small- and medium-sized exporters, with financial assistance in support of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.