- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 85. Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority
- Section 410. Definitions.
previous: Section 400
. Public Records; Open Meetings.
next: Section 420
. Short Title.
AS 44.85.410. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "bond bank authority" means the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority established by AS 44.85.020
- (2) "bonds" means bonds of the bond bank authority issued under this chapter;
- (3) "municipal bond" means a bond or note or evidence of debt that constitutes
- (A) a general obligation bond that is a direct and general obligation of a political subdivision of the state, all the
taxable property within which is subject to taxation to pay the bond, note, or evidence of debt, and the interest
without limitation, as to rate or amount generally to the extent permitted by law or to avoid a default as provided for
second class cities under AS 29.45.590
- (B) a revenue bond, except a revenue bond for electrical generation purposes other than diesel-powered generation, issued
by a municipality, a solid waste management authority, or a port authority that pledges the revenue of a revenue-producing capital improvement and that is
payable solely from the revenue of the revenue-producing capital improvement;
- (C) a general obligation bond or revenue bond combined or additionally secured;
- (D) a bond of a borough issued as a general obligation of a service area under AS 29.47.440
or former AS 29.58.340
- (E) an obligation of a municipality secured only by
- (i) special assessments on benefited property;
- (ii) tax increments and a letter of credit or equal security; or
- (iii) a lease for equipment or building improvements if the state is not a lessee;
- (4) "notes" means notes of the bond bank authority issued under this chapter;
- (5) "public body" means a public body corporate and politic or a political subdivision of the state established under any
law of the state which may issue municipal bonds;
- (6) "reserve fund" means the Alaska municipal bond bank reserve fund established under AS 44.85.270
- (7) "revenues" means all fees, charges, money, profits, payments of principal of or interest on municipal bonds and other
investments, gifts, grants, contributions, appropriations, and all other income derived or to be derived by the bond
bank authority under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.