- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 77. Claims Against the State
- Section 20. Disallowance By Officer.
previous: Section 15
. Claims For Medical Services.
next: Section 30
. Disallowance By Department.
AS 44.77.020. Disallowance By Officer.
- (a) If the administrative or executive officer disallows all or part of the claim, the claimant may obtain a review of the
officer's action by applying within 60 days to the Department of Administration, at Juneau, orally or in writing.
- (b) When the application is made, the officer who disallowed the claim shall transmit the claim and all papers and
memoranda relating to the claim to the Department of Administration.
- (c) When it receives the claim, papers, and memoranda, the department shall reexamine the merits of the claim.
- (d) The department may adopt procedure consistent with law, and shall make its decision affirming, modifying, or reversing
the action of the officer. The decision may be oral or written if made in the presence of the claimant; otherwise it
must be written.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.