- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 31. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 20. Duties of Department.
previous: Section 10
. Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development.
next: Section 25
. Building Safety Account.
AS 44.31.020. Duties of Department.
The Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall
- (1) enforce the laws and adopt regulations under them concerning employer-employee relationships, including the safety,
hours of work, wages, and conditions of workers, including children;
- (2) accumulate, analyze, and report labor statistics;
- (3) operate systems of workers' compensation and unemployment insurance;
- (4) gather data reflecting the cost of living in the various election districts of the state upon request of the director
of personnel under AS 39.27.030
; in this paragraph, "election district" has the meaning given in AS 39.27.020
- (5) operate the federally funded employment and training programs under 29 U.S.C. 2801 - 2945 (Workforce Investment Act of
- (6) administer the state's program of adult basic education and adopt regulations to administer the program; and
- (7) administer the programs of the Alaska Vocational Technical Center and adopt regulations to administer the programs,
including regulations that set rates for student tuition and room and board and fees for the programs and services
provided by the department regarding the Alaska Vocational Technical Center.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.