- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 29. Department of Health and Social Services
- Section 135. Officers and Staff.
previous: Section 130
. Compensation, Per Diem, and Expenses.
next: Section 140
AS 44.29.135. Officers and Staff.
- (a) The board, by a majority of its membership, shall annually elect a presiding officer and other officers it considers
necessary from among its membership.
- (b) The board shall have a paid staff provided by the department, including an executive director who shall be selected by
the board. The executive director is in the partially exempt service and may hire additional employees in the
classified service of the state. The department shall provide for the assignment of personnel to the board to ensure
the board has the capacity to fulfill its responsibilities. The executive director of the board shall be directly
responsible to the board in the performance of the director's duty.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.